Wednesday 17 December 2014

Foo Sek Yee (策义): Internship Week 2 Wednesday

To start the day off, today would be one of the best praise and worship session I have ever been part of in my entire life. This was all thanks to Joseph, Kieren and Justin. The worship team did their best to synchronize with each other to make the entire worship a perfect one, not to mention Justin's awesome guitar skills and Joseph's drumming. I am really  thankful that I am in this internship with a group of youths that are so talented in each  of their own aspects.


Today was the last day that Brother Keet Keong was with us to provide us with training for the mission trip. First of all, I would like to thank Brother Keet Keong for taking the time off his busy schedule to give us talks to improve our ability to serve people from less fortunate countries, to spread the gospel to them and tell them more about our all loving God.


Discussion on Conflict


Although everyone was a little drowsy after an awesome lunch, the discussion was certainly a fruitful one. I really learnt a lot from the discussion, about Sinful conflict and Godly conflict. On how sinful conflict is an expression of a sinful heart, and as Christians, we are called to use conflict an a redemptive opportunity to bring ourselves and others to God. The four main questions we have to ask ourselves during conflict is: 1)What do I want right now more than Christ and how am I acting to get it. 2)What specifically do I need to repent of? Where do i need to ask for grace? What has hijacked my heart and what do I need to see and believe about Christ? 3)What is your experience as you enter into conflict with me right now? (if you were the other party) Is it a good experience or a bad one? 4)What will it look like to wisely love the person in conflict with me? Will I warn, encourage, or help?

Birthday Celebration for Joseph





As it was Joseph's birthday today, we went to Swenson's to have ice cream as celebration. However, what turned out to be an innocent birthday treat by Gideon turned into a fruitful discussion about our personal ministry projects and then into a discussion about some of the problems that our churches had. I feel thankful that God has nurtured so many young, passionate youths with fires of passion burning brightly in their hearts. I hope that these passionate youths will continue serving with avid hearts and make positive changes in their churches through their personal ministry projects and through the many other things they will do in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment