Thursday 25 December 2014

Justin Choy (裕民): Internship Week 3 Tuesday (with additional days of week 3)

Christmas week! This week started off rather smoothly with meet-ups I had with my friends to practice for caroling at an elder's house. Through the week I was able to share Christ with one of my 2nd generation christian friend through the carols and practice sessions. Although the practices seemed rather rushed and hectic, we were blessed to have been able to perform both silent night and O holy night accapella, and lead the other adults in a time of caroling and worship.

(My group of friends with the 2nd gen Christian on extreeme left)

Christmas(eve) dinner
Today(Wednesday) also continued with much preparation in the kitchen with my mother and sister preparing for the annual Christmas eve dinner we'd celebrate as a family. Also, I had planned to interview my church pastor earlier but he was busy so I stayed home to help out in the kitchen instead. It was a rather hot and sweaty day in the kitchen but later that night everyone enjoyed a myriad of delectable Christmas dishes to choose from.

Bread.

Turkey.

Ham.

Other events(Church singing grp and my reading and research)
I was able to utilize last Sunday's lunch with the juniors of my youth fellowship group to seek their opinions on facets of our youth system that could be improved on. After much discussion over mealtime, it also came to my attention that fellowship through more camps and outings could serve to be helpful in keeping their friendships closely knitted, as well as bringing those who are less sociable, into existing circles of friends. After which, I attended the Church's "Believers" singing group as we prepared our song item for the Christmas service.


My friends in the Believers

Through the week, i have also learned more about Christ centeredness through my daily devotions and readings (Glorify God). What hit me especially hard through the readings was the importance of the five Solas'; Scripture; Christ; Grace; Faith; Glory to God. It has been a rather hectic week for me and probably everyone else (especially the pastors, who were unavailable to be interviewed). To the people reading this, I wish you a blessed Christmas and happy new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment